Friday 16 June 2017

Hope in the tough



This week has been really tough for England.

I had a dream a few nights ago, of a tall rise building, one that looked identical to the hospital in my university town burning, it seemed to be some sort of hospital, I remember the panic, and the feeling of the building shaking, and everyone trying to get out although not everyone did. I remember, in my dream being so emotionally gripped and crying to see a mother realise that only one of her three children had escaped. In this dream however, the building collapsed, while people on balconies fell.

I woke up so disturbed , I prayed, and talked to God about it, but I had no idea of what would occur 2 days after that.

Some people might attribute the present distress to the political instability of the nation.
But I don't care for politics, at least in relation to the incomprehensible tragedy that occurred in London a few days ago with the Grenfell Tower.

This one really gripped me.
It still makes my heart hurt and honestly, I'm trying to distract myself and find the
light of this situation, but there is none. I've grown up in the generation where the news tells of disaster every week. That it's almost just expected. An old, but young-at-heart friend of mine , who since has gone to be with God told me how she would cry whenever she watched the news. because it was just so heart breaking.

These are the times you just look up to God and whisper His name.
When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." Luke 21'28
I cant think of anything worse, I really can't. 

Today after locking my bike by the side gate and walking under the trees into my halls, I heard a quiet but evident crack , like a fragile item had been dropped on the ground. 
I looked around, and noticed. The an egg had fallen from a birds nest and had splattered below. 

I'm not a vegan,and I'm not an overtly obsessed animal lover. 
But something about that made me feel really upset. It really highlighted to me the fragility of life. 

I am praying for peace, for God to take over this situation and somehow shine His light through this utter darkness. I'd also like to have peace myself. Jesus tells us not to worry about our lives in Matthew 6 : 

I'd like to live out this verse. Every single day .
God knew about that egg that dropped today , and He knew about the lives that were cut short. 
He knows of everything. And right now , all we can do is cling to Him more tightly, ask for His Mercy and pray for peace a peace that surpasses all understanding (PHILLIPIANS 4'7) - because we don't understand. 
The negligence of humans caused something unimaginable. 

But God is still King, He still reigns , He still sets free. 

Later this evening I looked online at a weather article , once I saw the picture I Knew it was God. 
A cloud in the Huddersfield Sky of the East Midlands saw a cloud shaped like England passing through. Ultimately , People can say what they want, explain how it was formed with the sun-to-air heating properties. But for me , this was from God , 

This is God saying that He has not forgotten about England, He used her mightily in the past and He will use her again, He is Present and not passive, Able and not abandoning, Here, and not hiding. 
There truly is hope , and Jesus is that hope.



Psalm 91


1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”


3 Surely He will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with His feathers,
and under His wings you will find refuge;
His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.


9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For He will command His angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.


14 “Because He[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for He acknowledges My name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

Cloud which looks like a map of the UK
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-40287817



No comments:

Post a Comment