Sunday 11 March 2018

This is my desire. The song.



So I woke up this morning with a song in my heart you may have heard it from the old times Hillsong classics;

This is my desire.

I've listened to this song many many times but a line really jumped out at me today : it's the end-part of one of the verses. 'All that I adore is in you'. I immediately thought to myself: is everything I adore in Christ ?

ADORE - is a word I use sparingly; in my mind it's even more emotionally giving than saying you 'LOVE' something or someone. (I use 'love' a lot, and it's probably the only thing that annoys me about the English language, we only have one word for love)
** To Adore :


1: to worship and honour the Deity - CHRIST IS THE ONLY DEITY.
2: to regard with loving admiration and devotion.
3: To be very fond of.


Is there anything else in the world that you are all very fond of apart from Christ? Do you have loving admiration and devotion for your favourite sports team for a particular actor/actress - Or even for a close family member ?
Beginning with myself; we have to closely evaluate what we adore in our lives. If the things we value in life are outside of Christ; we need to seriously consider where our honour and worship is directed.
Giving honour to something is as simple as showing 'merited respect'.
And worshipping something or someone is :

1: to reverence as a divine being or supernatural power
2: to regard with great or extravagant respect, honor, or devotion "a
celebrity worshipped by her fans"

- do you see the example in the second definition ?


Now I don't really like to call them a celebrity because a celebrity means: a celebrated person and I don't want to celebrate pretty much any of them at all. But even the Merriam-Webster dictionary identifies how people of public renown can be worshipped.
Careers can be worshipped, grades can be worshipped, bodies can be worshipped, television shows can be worshipped.

This time last week I was really frustrated. I was going through the book of Colossians doing a theoretically great Bible study ... But for some reason, the words didn't seem to penetrate me. I wasn't feeling a deep spiritual-buzz (if you know what I mean). And it was incredibly annoying. I knew that I was at fault somewhere; but I couldn't pinpoint.

I asked God about it and I felt like I had this response - I was taking too much in and I was watching too many secular TV shows. Exposed to too many messages that are contradicting to God. And in relations to the definition of adore:- I was getting fond of entertainment.

It reminds me of sometimes when someone is trying to lose weight for for example, when they reach a plateau they have to take the next big step to achieve their next goals.
To cut out all that want to do different or intense exercise. If they want something they've never heard they have to do something they've never done.

In a similar kind of way I felt like I I have drifted from the Bible studies that I knew were possible with Christ. And I wanted them back.
I thought that God wanted me to take a break from secular television this week. And I did and I immediately noticed the difference by days three and four I was having amazing devotions watching sermons in the evenings and finding that Gods Word was staring up on me more than before. I watched Christian movies the dog is of course documentaries and other lifestyle videos and I found that watching enhancing TV is better than watching entrancing TV.

It made me question how much I really adore Christ how much of my time is geared to wanting to learn more about him. I do you Leah and I'm striving for this myself everything we do with the work rest hopefully should have some way of pointing back to Him. The Bible says to seek his will in all you do and he will make your path straight


It says; He delights in every detail of your life

It says :when they seek me with their whole heart they will find me.
I want to be relentless in my pursuit of Christ and like an athlete doesn't do anything to destroy the training that they have been undergoing in the run-up to the Olympics.


- we are running up to the end of time we have to lay aside every lurking sin, and every weight that so easily besets. - no matter how small. And invest in the things that will help us get closer to Him.


IMTAPA
In my thoughts and prayers always

No comments:

Post a Comment