Friday 24 October 2014

GET CLOSE TO HIM !!!!!
Okay so there's this girl, and she is planning a surprise birthday for her best friend, she decides it might mean more if more people help out. So she's thinking about who to talk to… Shall she talk to a girl who speaks to her best friend every now and again , or should she speak to a girl that's practically another best friend of the birthday girl , who knows better ? --- listen, it’s a no-brainer . When you get close to God and He is the centre of your world (because your His;) things get a lot easier, you understand His will a lot better , you are able to hear His directions with ease . Why is this ?
 Think about talking to your mum in the car, can you hear her better when the radio is blasting ?! Of course not !!! 

Get rid of distractions and you will be able to hear the voice of God . 

He is always speaking to you , but sometimes :/ you don't hear Him !!

I love this verse : 'delight yourself in The Lord and He will give you the desire of your heart' -- okay so , you are going to go to Paris for spring break , that guy is totally going to speak to you today , and the dream car is coming your way !!!
 - No, just no .

When you get close to God , and I mean really close ... His heart beats with yours and suddenly, you realise that things that seemed so important fly out of the window . His desires for your life become your desires. And voila !
Those desires will become realities because God knows your needs more than you do ! 

So ... What does getting close to God mean ??

 - 'now each to his own' but I've definitely found what has worked for me . - dedicating time in the morning to read His word - praying - absolutely no secular music (just sayin') - little secular television (don't think it can't be done:) - noting thought patterns - noting social interactions --- just to mention the basics . Now I’m not saying  you go and throw away your television . But I'm very visual , a couple of episodes of the real housewives and my mind can't get off it !! I detest being a slave to anything . So test yourself . Can you go a week without your favourite show ? If you can't then I'm afraid you have the mini-god complex . Things you can't live without . I had to make up my mind to stop watching certain shows completely, because sometimes I would be in church , and suddenly a scene from the last episode pops up in my head - it was just getting too much . But I found that when I drew away from the distractions my mind had more time and space for the things of God more than ever before .

Keep your mind on God = better relationship with God = Knowing the will of God .

FINAL BIT …

 Keep calm and Trust God


Ever hear of the phrase : ‘let go and let God’ ?

Now Sometimes we say things -- phrases like that , but we forget what it actually means ... 
God is in charge of our lives and once you give your desires to Him and let Him drive - all you need to do is enjoy the ride !!
Now that's easier said than done . This past year for me has been a whirlwind of emotions. Ups and downs.
 I made mistakes that I thought could ruin Gods plan for my life . But you see - nothing takes Him by surprise. You've got to remember according to the Bible , the VERY FIRST thing that God did was : take something miss-formed and turn it into something beautiful (credit #touchedbyanangel ) ~ Genesis 1"2-3 ' The earth was empty ... Then GOD said : "Let there be light ,"
God put talents, likes and skills in you to equip you for your future. Everything that you've been through will be a testimony to someone someday IF you stay in the hands of God. He'll never let you fall :)

Trust Him . 
God knows what will make you the happiest long-term. 
He understands your frustrations and hurts . Don't get dazzled by what you think is best .
 You don't see what's coming round the corner , but God does and if you wrap yourself in Him , you can rest assured that the storms won't break you and your future will 'shine brighter and brighter (even) until the perfect day ' ~PROV4"18


Hope you've enjoyed this series , I felt like someone needed to hear it . 
Message me for any preferences :) 
God Bless ! 
IMTAPA
(In my thoughts and prayers always :) Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment